“And God heard their groaning, and God remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob. God saw the people of Israel—and God knew.”
These two verses give a powerful description of how all of God’s senses are tuned in to you when you cry out to Him. God is listening when you pray! Look at how many ways God responds to the crisis:
- God heard their groaning.
- God remembered his covenant. This verse is not suggesting that God forgets. The writer declares that God does not ever forget the promises in His Word.
- God saw the people.
- God knew what was happening to them.
Right after this passage is where Moses is born and God prepares to save Israel from captivity.
I don’t know how God will answer your cries for help. But I know that God hears you, sees you, knows what is happening to you, and did not forget every promise He made. Don’t be bashful. Cry out to your Lord for the help you desperately need!
- Do you pray when you hurt? Genuinely, cry out to God knowing He is the only salvation for your pain?
- Is there something that we can help you pray for? Leave a comment or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org